Friday, April 6, 2007

mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut. (my german isn't all that good)
i've declared myself an early holiday. i've been blogging, eating, stoning, chatting, shopping, window shopping, arranging dates with frens i haven't caught up with for a long time. basically everything but studying.and yes, my exams are what, a mere two weeks away or so? something's obviously not right with me. n i really can't put a finger on what it is just yet. oh well :D haha.
lets talk abt smtg funny. last week, in the mrt on our way home, kai n i happened to start a conversation with a lady from switzerland whose first comment was on how she thinks kai has got a nice face. haha, upon which, i had to tell her how she just made kai's day. n yes i was pretty excited cos this was my golden opportunity to put my limited german to practice. n so i asked her, how she was.. in german, that'd be "Wie geht's?" n yes so she said "sehr gut"(very good) Und dihnen?( and you?) n i confidently (initially) n then hesitatingly said "sehr gut...auch) (very good...too) which obviously mirrored the english way of answering a similar qn. n yes, which is obviously wrong. so she corrected me" auch sehr gut."
at that very moment, i knew i had put to waste my near two semesters of german language course. i mean seriously, if i can't even answer a simple qn like "how are u?", the whole point of doing german is lost. a total embarrassment, if u ask me!
sigh. ok i better go start studying for my oncoming german semester test. :S wish me luck.

No comments: