Thursday, November 8, 2007

Oh this is my 81st post. Thats coincidentally my grandpa's age . But so what right, I mean I bet a thousand, million other things are 81, like how there may be 81 trees on a certain street, or 81 family members in a certain place, or someone's house unit number is 81 or somehing, well anything. Haha, I am so rambling. Anyway, speaking of which, last tuesday I had my german vocab test which followed 2 nights of 'intensive' memorising, -effective or not, I'll find out soon- and if you take german 3 in NUS as well or you have frens who take the module, you'd know that there are a good THREE Vocab lists to memorise for each vocab test, and each list can be like a good 6 pages each. SO YES, unless you've got a superbrainiac over-porous sponge of a brain, it is unlikely that you can remember EVERYWORD, especially if you do the whole memorising thing last minute lah which is obvious always the case for me. But I digress. There was this particular word that my eyes managed to catch hold of just minutes before the test, and it was "die Leere, ~n" : which means emptiness like emotinal emptiness, actually I managed to cram in one other word just secs before the test too, but this word none of us had trouble remembering- "Kopflos" merely because it means panic-stricken- no prizes for guessing who the unlucky ones were-. At the end of the day, I had grand plans of hibernation, but all hopes of catching up on that necessary beauty sleep were dashed, when I realised I had my EDB presentation to submit the next day (which is today lah) and so I was staying up late to rush through that, until my body and mind conspired and decided they could no longer take anymore sleep deprivation and at that point, I guess I must have been in a rather sub-conscious state of mind, where I'm both alert and and dazed in a trance-like way. At this point, I typed 'Leere" out onto one of the slides I was preparing. I mean wah laoooo, hahah what kind of sad reflection of my current mental state is that?! I mean just like I said, Leere means emptiness in german, and to write such a thing when ur sub-conscious is highly disturbing cos what's THAT supposed to mean?! I have an empty mind ah?! Hahahahaha. But yeah I've always had such experiences lah, there was this other time when I was similarly shagged beyond redemption but stubborn enough to want to stay awake through the night, and the next thing I knew I was writing so many weird food names and ingredients, my notebook was starting to resemble a full recipe. I remember in particular, teh word 'chilli'. Hahaha, disturbing la. But interesting right? I suppose this whole state of sub-consciousness is akin to that of drunkeness where there is a temporary lapse of judgment, freeing you to say or do what you otherwise might not. Sometimes that could be good though eh, I mean imagine if you have a big womanizer husband, who happens to be World's greatest actor as well, and then one day he comes home drunk and lets his guards down, and ends up spilling all the beans of his extra-marital affairs. Then again, some women belonging to the staunch 'What I don' know won't hurt me" faction may prefer not knowing, which is something I cannot comprehend but shan't talk about today.

Okay, I am so shagged, I best not continue.. But recent updates: School is hectic, if not crazier that ever. I made two German friends on Tuesday (Alex & Mark). I was so excited to find that they're germans that I practically did a cheer. =) Today has re-enforced my belief that Allah is truly great. Mashallah~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how to buy xanax online legally alprazolam high - generic xanax online