Saturday, December 1, 2007

In other news
i feel like blogging some more. Its 2:38am now, and I'm supposed to have a meeting with the YEC people at 930am. I've not made it for the past 5 meetings, since they started their term of office, but it really wasn't my fault, either the severe lack of sleep or fate was against me attending those meetings. But tommorow,or rather later will be different. POst exams period can be so fun lah. I mean nothing really rivals this feeling of having all the time in the World to do anything you want, or absolutely nothing( the latter wins anytime) and still feeling so accomplished at the end of the day, basking and seeking refuge in the knowledge that you deserve this break. I have so many plans, but liek I said, I feel like a different person now. I do inend to make those hopes of becoming a better person a reality, and bits of this grand plan include me attending Islamic classes at the Darul Ma'wa Assciation for converts ( is that the correct name for it?). I described to Kai last wednesday, how I had this image of me wearing my long pretty flowy brown skirt, with this turquoise top, and a brown turquoise scarf wrapped around my neck, complemented by that gorgeous rattan Accesorize bag susu got for me, and wearing simple comfy brown flip flops walking down Arab Street searching for Islamic books in English and doing my bit of soul searching, before finally settling down in the Sultan Mosque where we had prayers for my Grandpa's jenazah, to seek solitude and reflect yet again. For that I'll have my long black cardigan stashed in my rattan bag. Then I'll plod down to the National Library and borrow novels I never got the chance to borrow and read to my heart's content. Then I'll celebrate my sense of independence with a touch of class by buying myself a hot cup of Mocha from Starbucks at Bugis Junction. Then I'll go window shopping which in a matter of minutes, will (without a doubt) be more than mere window shopping. And I'll have fun by myself. Hhaha, I've become such a loner lately, but its nice, I've realised that spending time alone is as important and as fulfilling as time shared and spent with loved ones. A far cry from the Khairah who once cringed at the idea of eating or shopping alone when Huda told her how she doesn't mind doing that. I've come a long way, and its strange and comforting all the same to be where I am and to realise who I've evolved to become in so short a time span. Its Saturday now and I've not done that teh whole shopping, soul searching bit I've been intending to do since Thursday, but nevermind I will soon, and I know it'll be fun. :) In other news, I miss susu. and I can't wait to hang out with the girls. :)

No comments: