Saturday, December 8, 2007

Size issues

9 million American adolescents are either overwieght or obese. A big deal of course, but not entirely surprising eh. I mean take a look at their diet, pardon me if I am generalising, but watching many of the Hollywood productions is enough to derive an idea of the kind of diet the average American has. Pizzas, burgers, pizzas, the unhealthy BIG sugar-coated donuts and black coffee for the beer-bellied cops and the rich salty scrambled eggs and bacon at the neighbourhood bar for breakfast served by the generic sweet faced, witty PLUMP bartender. Enough to derive a highly accurate picture of their lifetime diet. But who cares, I guess in the list of the many side effects and costs of prosperity, obesity has got to be one of them. I remember being really plump as a kid, many may point out that I still am but what I am today is NOTHING when compared to how fat I was. Hahaha but it was a happy time lah, atleast I was always somehow spared teh misfortune of having to join TAF (the Trim and Fit) Club for FAT kids. (Notice how TAF is the reverse of FAT, I bet its no coincidence.) I was always lucky cos my growth hormones were thankfully working overtime and I had my growth spurt at about 8-10, meaning that I easily towered over the rest of the kids in class, both girls AND boys. SO whilst I was in no way horizontally challenged, being tall sure helped. :D
But yes, like Karma, the tall one then will be the the short one now. I the person who never ever had height issues have an inferiority issue now, and its sad la. Haiyo, who would have thought that I'd stop growing at a measley 161cm! SHORTY. See how a national crisis has somehow dwindled to become a discussion of a personal inferiority complex. :D

Oh, I'm totally freaked out by the Prima Deli food poisoning issue! STAY away from them you guys.

No comments: