Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I feel terrible, this is the last thing anyone should be doing at work-blogging. Or atleast the last thing any intern should be doing when at work. But sorry, I'm gonna have to skive for a little bit, I can't go on making another call to another unknown company and ask to speak to another unknown person who has no absolute idea of this unknown company i'm calling from. I need to recollect myself and speak, or blog about something i know. Its easy to lose yourself in routine. Typing and updating records for instance, steal all your attention so much so that you're completely oblivious to your surroundings, and you're lured into the familiarity of the routine and its monotony that somehow its mechanical nature is alluring, and distracting at the same time. It steals you away from your woes, leaves your mind in some realm that is unknown, so that what is really left of you is really the incomplete you, the subconscious you. Is it then puzzling why those who are most troubled turn to their work for comfort. How they morph into workaholics, not because they are inherently driven to make it big, but because it is above all comforting. The comfort lies not so much in the fact that you are fulfilling your obligations as a worker but evoked more in the brief suspension of your woes.
I do not wish to be a workaholic, because it is easy to lose yourself that way. I need these little breaks to remind myself constantly of what is important and this little blogging stint did just that. Now though, I've got to return to proving my worth for that $800/month they're paying me. Excuse me while I return to the drudgeries of working life..

No comments: