Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cos I've been gone for far too long
Wow. My door bell has been ringing like once every other hour. Lke there are a gazillion visitors streaming in and out every time, I've lost count of how many there were. And its funny like everytime teh door bell rings, there's this element of mystery or suspense, like who knows what's ( or who's) lurking behind that door, okay maybe not the same kind of emotion lah, but something like that. I skipped my stats lecture today and I know kai's gonna start on her "HOW COME UR SKIPPING SO MANY CLASSES" lecture again, which is only gonna irritate me to no end, and thus impel me to shut her up with a retort that'll be along these lines, "why do you sound like my MOTHER?" It works everytime. And I feel guilty everytime I skip another class, but atleast I do attempt to go for make-ups in the same week, so perhaps I shouldn;t be too hard on myself. The thing that I've been forever MIA-ing is Stats lecture, and that spells doom lah, cos stats isn't exactly my forte. OKAY, but it will be, cos I'm positive and I will try my best and prove the world wrong. HAHA.

I've been analysing this whole Airbus A380 conflict between the Alpa-S (the pilots' union) and SIA and trying to fit in all sorts of management power and conflicts theories, its driving me crazy. BUT, I've been doing this since 10am this moring mind you, and now its 4 pm, and I've got 6 pages down thus far. What's the maximum number of pages, you ask? Well no cap really, cos this is a group project, whose presentation will be NEXT week, and I'm so scared cos everyone else seems to have this view that our presentation will rock so much, it'll leave Dr. Wan speechless. Don't ask me how I know, just the feeling. I realised yet again, that I'm theall impractical irrational perfectionist who will put hours into one assignment and then be at the mercy of LDMR, meaning that the amt of effort put in will not be reflected in the grade I eventually get. Which is miserable news. I should stop thinking so much and get back to work.

I'm gg to get Ellie one of those World Call Cards so she can call her father and her SNAKE catcher of a husband. My family's been making fun of her snake catcher husband to no end, cos the idea's funny, and exotic all the same, how one catches snakes for a living. I mean hey, these are the kind of professions we watch ppl do ON TV. OMG, i sound so much like an ignorant urban chick, it's repulsive.Expounding on this whole topic of her husband being the snake catcher, I must add that my family has this strange affinity for animals, like all animals. My grandparents can imitate the cow in the Marigold milk advertisements soo well, I'm starting to think they are the real stars of the ad. My mum has this whole enraptured and mystified look everytime she watches any kind of reptile show, like the expression which has both disgust and curiosity, the same expression she has everytime she hears Ellie relate her stories of when her husband actually does go snake-hunting. Oh, just in case ur clueless, Ellie's the new domestic helper who's, get this EIGHTEEN. I feel so tua LAH. And I like Ellie. Okay one more point to corroborate my point, my family's of the consensus that the all time fun famly outing will include a trip to the Lower Pierce Reservoir nature trail road, were we get to watch the MONKEYS. There, I'm starting to think we're all animal descendants, which is true lah, evolution-wise, but yeah perhaps more direct than that.

I've been sleeping like a pig, and it sucks. (There, we really must be animal descendants.) HAH. I've got STUFF to do. I can't wait for my exchange to germany, I WANT TO DO HONOURS! ANother realisation: debates always get me excited, even when they're in GERMAN. Last week during german lecture, Frau Verry split the class into two, one assuming the stance, "Fairytales are important", I was sadly on the opposition side, because hey, I do believe fairytales are important! I mean I could go on and write a thesis on why I think Beauty and the Beast incucates the need to look beneath the surface, for whats true, or how its important to want to dream and find your true love, even if your soulmate's some poor, skinny Aladdin. And yet, I guess I must have been rattling too much in heart-wrenchingly imperfect German, that Frau Verry asked me to stay quiet. YEAH she did the whole, zip you mouth action. But its ok, I still love her, she rocks! I mean where else can you find a Russian, French, German, English, and BAHASA INDONESIA speaking woman?! Many a times , she'll just break into Bahasa, leaving my darling cina frens clueless, hahaha what a change from the normally mandarin-using mystifying classes I'm in. Yesterday we had another debate in german, this time in tutorial, with me proposing the notion- Deutsch macht spaß, which means German is a lot of fun. I had proposed the notion with the intention on being ont he opposition side, but alas I'm always on teh other side. I think we won lah in the end, only because my tutor must have been inclined to making us win, i mean she's got to think German is fun, right?

Okay time to go, will be going to Wisma later, to get my eyebrows done, then to Wan Yang Foot reflexology in PS, my aunt's treat. WOO HOO. Have fun peeps. Live your life! Live the dream rocked lah and that was like the second time I caught it, I can't wait for By Definition to start selling their records. Singapore's got talent. Power. OK BYE.:)

No comments: