Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Endless ramblings of an over-active mind
Today, at about 1 plus pm, I realised that the not-so welcomed THAT time of the month friend, had decided to pay me a visit, a good 3 days before the end of Rahmadan. Why lah?! Haiyo, I love fasting, its sucha special feeling, especially since this happens only every once a YEAR! You'd think the damn period that comes once a MONTH would have enough patience to wait, but nooooo. Don't tell me I'm being unreasonable, because I already know that, just well, can't help feeling disappointed. Bleargh. So I was telling Kiran just now about how I think I must be a damn evil person and that maybe its because I have been bitching a bit too much lately, that I'm now deprived of the chance to fast. I've been complaining to everyone who cares enough to listen, until I decided to stop whining and get myself a good Fillet students meal from Macs. I didn't eat there la, I ta-bao-ed it home and smuggled it into my room before locking the door as discretely as I could before devouring it like any fillet fan would devour a sauce-dripping fillet and the crunchy, golden totally-addictive fries. And, I realised whilst eating, that nothing quite compares to eating, and the feeling one would get after finishing a meal, but realising you're still not that full, only to realise to ur disbelief, that there's this one loooooooooooooooong golden fry that was left untouched somewhere in that bag. I tell you ah, food completes my life la, Mac food especially.
And then whilst I was eating, I was somewhat imagining of how I would look, on the huge screen thats supposed to play all ur life's events on Dooms' Day- guilty, greedy and sinfully happy. But its not wrong to eat in Rahmadan what, especially since I did it discretely right?

Okay, and I skipped my finance tutorial and German tutorial today, meaning I ended at 2:30pm today and Kiran drove me home(she's sucha darl) and now I feel so much happier. Eventhough I am yet to have started studying for the stats test which is, lo and behold, TOMORROW. There's something seriously draining about having lessons from 9am to 8pm. They should have a cap as to the number of hours of lessons you can have in a day, because seriously its bound to be unproductive unless you're some supercharged, just-hibernated-last-night kinda person, which at this point I am the complete opposite of. I need sleep so badly, I must resemble a walking zombie, and I couldn't help nodding to sleep in Management just now, which was so embarrasing especially since its a seminar style class.

But, all's good, I feel a lot more optimistic right now, cos it feels strange to be at home at about 3pm when there's still sunlight, cos everytime I reach home, its either way past 10pm or at the very least after 8pm and like the saying, theres power in knowledge, knowing that I have about half the day left to do ALL the studying I want gives me so much more enthusiasm. I shall go now, oh but not before I share some things I read from yahoo just now. Did you know that plants can 'sense' the presence of other plants around them? Supposedly, they can tell this by the intensity and reflection of light in the area. Likewise, we can use their inherent sesitivity to light as a means of 'communicating' with them- like if you shine too much light in a certain area, the plants get the hint, and would hence grow in the direction of the light. Okay, that bit I suppose you would know of already, but still cool la, plant communicating with other plants. Like doesn't it make you think about all the possible ways of communicating, other than that involving noise and sound of course, like ants, how on earth do you think they communicate? In all the 20 years of my life's observation of ants, it appears like they kiss each other before moving forward, or maybe its their sense of smell, like ur supposed to have a certain kind of smell, before you're recognised as one of them, to remain privy to all that food sharing information I suppose.

Next, some 139 year old shipwreck had been uncovered in the depths of the Alaskan sea, and they found many relics and parts resembling major parts of the ship, like what appears to have been the core of the ship's steering wheel, even wine bottles, now all covered with coral, seaweed and algae, playing 'home' to a gazillion sea creatures.

What's the point in all this info anyway? I mean what's past is past, and I'm not exactly anti history, -take it from a girl who has done history for 6 years of her life-, but I mean how is a bunch of relics uncovered on the ocean floor, long buried, long dismissed important? I think its important to learn from history, cos what better way is there to prepare ourselves for what's to come? Yet, sometimes things like this, are just so un-important, that it seems like we're running out of things to discuss and talk about, or to reflect in our news. Sure, its interesting, the idea of finally uncovereing a ship that was last seen in 1868 must be at the very least exciting, but what real purpose does this discovery serve? Maybe its a chance to observe and study the intricate structure and fascinating works of the past, yeah perhaps thats it. To appreciate relics of the past, to appreciate the 'return' of all that's been gone for so long.

On another random note, I can't wait to drive, illegally or legally. If I don't pass the next time I take my test, I swear I'll drop the 'legal' option and just hit the roads.

No comments: