Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Hell hath no fury like an unsuccessful bidder's scorn


Come every August or Jan (for the past year, this year and for atleast 1 or 2 more years to come), my heart will start aching, my head throbbing, the veins and arteries pulsing violently, threatening to burse open, my pressure jumps sky high and I am frustrated beyond coaxation. ALL because of my darling, prestigious, oh-so well esteemed NUS's cursed, damned, blood-sucker bidding system.

Because of you, you NUS, I jolly well think my dreams will end up in the drain. Because of you, I, who's earnest to gain all that knowledge has been deprived of the chance once again. Because of you, I'm uncertain of what to do next. Because of you, I start cursing and swearing, breaking my never-use-expletives-philosophy yet again. Because of you.. FUCK YOU NUS. What the hell is wrong with you?! I don't see why the new Biz freshies can get their modules pre-assigned to them this year WITHOUT the hassle and heartache that comes with bidding, whereas us, the seniors (of a much smaller batch) are denied the same luck. What, we don't matter enough is it?

Suddenly there is a need to match up to competitive, and potentials-grabber SMU and NTU is it? Wah lao, I bet if you(whoever is in charge of this whole bidding thing) TRIED, you would be able to design some kind of system that similarly pre-allocates modules to the returning students (READ: the loyal ones who STUPIDLY decided to give you a chance) just like how it is for the freshies.

I only got like what a pathetic 2 modules from the 4 I bid for, and now suddenly to my horror, I don't think I can go on to do my double major unless I do honours in one of them. WHY? Cos NUS only allocates us with 120 Modular Credits to use. And I've used too many on modules like german and philosophy. Here I am, a hopeful youth thrilled and excited at the prospect of acquiring knowledge, doing modules that I want only to have this dream crushed because of this freaking no-brainer system that has been around for ages, when every other University manages just fine without it. Wow, I swear I've never been more frustrated.

They say, "You plan to fail, if you fail to plan". Here at NUS, you plan or not, you fail. Too damn bad.

Disclaimer: Kids, my usage of expletives is juvenile, this I concede. So do better than me in anger management and just go spam the university with hate emails and petitions or what-not WITHOUT the use of expletives, okay? OR even better, if ur still of pre-tertiary age, just stay far, far away from NUS.

No comments: