Saturday, September 1, 2007

Ratatouille

Goodness. Everyone can't make it for Ratatouille today! I've contacted Hani, Adilah, Ting yi, Huda, mairah and everyone has something on! Except for Kai of cos. :D I'm thankful for Kai. Hahaha, I can't wait to watch it later! Woo hoo! Heard that the reviews for it gave it an average of 4 to 5 stars, so I'm realllyyy looking forward to it. It feels like eeons since I last stepped into the cinema. In fact come to think of it, my last movie was 'Simpsons'. Okay so that wasn't too long ago, but well it sure feels like it. Maybe cos my timetable this sem sucks big time. On mondays, I end at 12noon which isn't too bad of cos, but with project meetings, and the interview sessions to select the new aerobics comm members and the yoga duty I have no choice, but to volunteer for, my mondays end at 6pm. Tuesdays also 6pm. Wednesdays, don't ASK. 8 freaking pm. Thursdays are not bad and if I don't have to stay back for kickboxing duty till 6pm *cross fingers* I'll actually end at 12 noon. Fridays start late from 4-6pm.

Okay come to think of it, its only the first few days of the week that are cut-throat days and thurs and fridays are not too bad. Just that aerobics has been taking so much of my time lately, my nearly free days tend to become full days. Oh wel, I'm not complaining. Just reflecting. And things are bound to get better lah, after the new comm members have been selected and the duty roster is fixed for good, cos then I won't have to do duty anymore cos apparently, chairpersons are exempted from duty. heehee. :D

Yesterday was good cos I ended the day with german lecture and then paid a visit to my grandparents who btw are both warded in Tan Tock Seng. But my grandma's just been discharged cos she attempted to run away a few times. Hahahahha, and I AM NOT KIDDING. For those who don't already know, my grandma's the more adventurous kind who refuses to be cooped in the hospital cos it restricts her by a great deal and believe me, she's not one to be restricted. The nurses received the brunt of her unhappiness, cos according to my aunt, she has been scolding them for every little thing that they do like when they wanted to do another ECG on her, she fired up, and asked them why they had to do it so many times. Or when the doctor claimed that she has a bit of diabetes, she refused to believe its true. Hahhaha, you've gotta give the nurses your utmost respect man, for the indefinite amount of patience they have. My grandma is one funny person lah, so stubborn and the kind who will have nothing in any other way but hers. Fortunately or unfortunately, some of these characteristics have passed on to me. But she's hugely entertaining, extemely open minded and a very people's person making her the all time perfect grandmother. :)

Okay now I wanna talk about my german lectures, I think Frau Vierry is really the best German Lecturer I have ever had, which may not be a big deal considering I have only had two in all my life in NUS - her and Herr Kim, but still, she's really fun lah. Yesterday she made all of us practise pronouncing the letter 'z' which in german will sound like "tsssssssset". According to her, if you pronounce it correctly, you won't fill the gush of air directly in front of your mouth, but instead at around your chin's level. And so she went around putting her hand at everyone's chin's level to feel the gush of air. Hahaha, oh and we had this german tongue twister with 'z', which was HILARIOUS given how everyone had to focus on emphasising the 'tssssssettt' of every word that began with z. I thik german is my favourite module for this sem.

Oh, and I know I'm most likely going to contradict what I'm about to say here soon enough, but I think I like finance! hahahaha, I usually like modules which make sense to me and finance makes alot of sense (FOR now atleast) cos its all about how you need to plan the capital budget and the capital structure of it all. This is a groundbreaking realisation, because if things keep up this way, and I go on liking finance, I may very well decide to foil my life plans of majoring in marketing and management and go for finance and mangement instead. woo hoo. Okay, all of this, only time will tell.

Speaking of management, for my organisational effectiveness module, I kinda told the lecturer that I think mnagement is alot of common sense and that I dont understand why there is a need for all these theories and gibberish, all very eloquently put - of cos. And I think he was left speechless cos Dr. Wan (the lecturer for this module) is a reallllyyyy nice lecturer the type who will always be agreeable to something that his students say just so he can play the engouraging role of a lecturer/tutor. But of cos, agreeing to what I said would have meant that he concedes that all of his life's works and studying has been nothing but a complete waste of time cos there really isn't much to management anyway. Hahaha, I felt really bad lah but I honestly feel that management is really alot of commonsense. I mean to be a good leader, of cos you need to involve your employees, of cos you've got to respect their feelings, and of cos you've got to exercise your authority to some extent, i mean how else will you ensure that the work gets done? But maybe, like Prof. McAllister said, "Commonsense isn't too common after all".

No comments: