Sunday, February 3, 2008

Singapore Human Resource Challenge 2008



Singapore Human Resource Challenge 2008


yesterday was fun, and we kicked ass! We won second place and I won Best Presenter award! Hehe. There were two rounds; first the qualifying round and the grand finals. Out of 57 teams in the qualifying round, only 6 made it to the grand finals of the Tertiary and Open Category. And we were worried, cos there were THREE (and i must add, really formidable looking) teams from SMU, one from Hartford Institute( a private institution), NTU and only one from NUS (that's us). The SMU teams were all different in their own way, and we were certain that atleast one of them would win the first prize, BUT they didn't. It was NTU who won tops, and we were second! =) Of course, we fervently hoped to do well enough to clinch the top position, but we did our best, so I'm really proud of our team. Go METAMORPHOSIS! The whole 'Best Presenter' award was quite unexpected although one of the judges did tell me he was rooting for me. And the prize awarded to best speakers? AWESOME.
The Sony Ericsson W910i phone, the SHAKER phone!! The one I've been eye-ing for months! Wee. Though I would have preferred the white one. But hey, who am I to complain?? I'm excited for the future prospects that may lie ahead for me, cos this competition has made me certain that HR and marketing are the fields for me. Yeay, so happy. I think I screwed up the whole post-interview thing though. There was this interview for the Human capital magizine on whether I expected the award and all, and I honestly have no idea what I was blabbering.

Anyway SPECIAL Thanks to Kai who selflessly came down to support me all the way. Oh, I also realised that I don't have many supportive friends who are willing to support me during such important occasions. Like no one was really willing to come down for the HR challenge or for the dance concert for that matter, but that's alright. Okay maybe I'm over-generalising, there ARE the nice people like kiran, rachal, nadzirah who are willing to come down for the dance concert atleast. Heh. Love them.


OKAY, now for the photos!



One of the prizes was this Cerebos Hamper. Yeah the Brand's products. Very, urm healthy.
Us with Madam Hanoi (extreme left), she's our mentor and we couldn't have made it this far without her. Dr. Wan's right in the middle. he's a darn nice Professor. When I asked him if my grandma and aunt could take the two seats next to them (in the front row) cos she can't really climb the stairs, he was really nice about it, and even led them to those seats when they came in. =) He was the advisor for the whole Challenge.
Team Metamorphosis, for you. From Left: Kiran, me, Hui Ling & Has. Jin Lu's not in the photo though cos she's in Hong Kong and couldn't make it for the presentation.
Omg, i wanna post this photo of me n my grandma yesterday, but blogger's being difficult. Anyway my grandma's truly wonderful la, she walked all the way from the National Library car park (where my aunt parked her car) to SMU's admin building, and that's FAR even for a rather healthy no leg-problem 20 year old person like ME, so imagine how tiring it must have been for her. I love her to bits la, and she actually cried when I won the Best presenter award. So cute. =)
Anyway, I'm glad this whole challenge ended well, definitely worth the time we put in. And now i gotta catch up badly on my studies n aerobics stuff. k, till next time! Chiao!=)

No comments: