Monday, February 18, 2008

When St. Valentines and Cupid collaborate


So totally outdated, but this entry is gonna be about my Valentines Day. My dear Valentine fetched me from school at abot 4pm, and yes I must admit it was weird riding in the car cos it was in broad daylight and all. It was simple enough, but I guess I was completely spoilt as usual. I'm blessed lah, and eventhough I STILL think Valentines' Day is completely overrated and we shouldn't all have to wait for 14th Feb to declare our love and remind those around us of how much they mean to us, I'm glad I had such a great time. =)

I got chocolates and a gorgeous Esprit bag, which Juz and Haha felt was something that was quite "me". That left me clueless cos I dunno, I've never thought I had a particular style or anything, I just like anything that's nice enough I suppose.

Ok photos!






This bag costs freaking $89.90. But I like it though.



Milk chocolate with strawberry truffle! =)


Anyhow what was most memorable about that day for me, was that I rushed on impulse to get both my grandma and mum something from the all time reliable shopping centre, Mustafa Centre. Which has anything and everything! Shopped around, and eventually got my mum a watch and my grandma a musical jewellery box which were both gorgeous in my opinion, but you'll have to wait until blogger stops being so anti photos.

Oh yeay blogger got the hint, so here are the photos.





Thats the musical box. Pretty exquisite isn't it? It has a ballerina inside, the kind that twirls around everytime you wind it up. Oh by the way, my grandma was really touched but decided she won't be using it cos she thinks it'll be too much of an open invitation (to burglars) to have her jewellery hanging on display in such an attention seeking jewellery box and has thus passed it to me. Not that I'm complaining lah. Hahaha.

And this is the watch I got my mum. I like it. And surprisingly, my normally fastidious mum liked it too. =)

What was both hilarious and memorable is the fact that I had to rush home, get them wrapped without both of them noticing the big bulky Mustafa plastic bags and quickly scribble sweet somethings onto each card before passing it to them. All under 10 minutes, which may not be such a big deal for some, but no less an extraordinary feat by my standards. If you've seen me wrap presents before, you'll know why. Better yet, they turned out quite decent looking. So yeay. Hahaha. Before passing them the gifts, I tried to play the fool, and asked if they've got any presents for V-day, to which both shook their heads rather forlornly. Haha, reverse psychology la right. Seeing them smile surely made the $70plus worth it.


Seriously though,I think consumption probably increased on a trifold on Vday and I'm not kidding. Look at the prices of flowers alone, and you'll be shocked. And if you were out on V-day, you'd be able to see that every random couple had a bouquet of flowers in hand. I on the other hand, don't really like flowers. I think they're a waste of money. I mean yeah so they're really pretty and all, but really they're bound to die someday anyway. But no, that doesn't by default make plastic flowers okay of cos. I'm all for practical gifts, which explains my totally unromantic but nonetheless PRACTICAL gifts for my Valentine. Don't ask.

No comments: