Wednesday, November 19, 2008

perfectionist impractical me
Hello! Wow, I feel so relieved right now! Two major reports done! In a span of 2 days, but yeah knowing me, it was all last minute work. BUT, another ting you should know about me, is that I only give my best in whatever I do. Especially reports, I will go to great pains to ensure that everything is tip top be it the graphs, layout n content.. Which makes it hard at times cos there's this trade-off between the amount of effort you can put in given the short time u have left. But well, all done pronto! So yeay! I didn't sleep teh whole of yday till like 1plus this afternoon after completing my HRM report. Wee.
Anyway, Iraq has just signed a 23 year contract with CHina Petroleum and some other Chinese company which calls for the Chinese counterparts to increase the productivity of the IRaqi oil industry, and I applaud the move. If you can't do it well on your own, get the experts in. National pride and chauvinism isn't going to do anyone good. Which is another reason why I'm against the US Fed's call to bail out the 3 big auto giants. It is obvious that they have been inefficient in their production methods which calls for one thing, massive structural change, not short term financing. Sell them out to Toyota if need be. If there is any hope of achieving efficient production methods and boosting their profitability, Toyota I believe would be the best candidate. They are in a league of their own with their superior management style, highly lean Kaizen led production system and highly empowered workforce. Sure, there's the issue of 'national pride',but face it, national pride isn't going to be able to salvage you ten, twenty years down the road when you realise that you cannot match up to your competitors. This is the challenge of the globalised world, you either match up to your competitors and try to surpass them in terms of performance, but if you can't, you learn from them. If need be, mergers or buyouts should be allowed. So, good on Iraq for signing the service agreement with China. Let's hope the American Federal reserves makes a wise decision.

No comments: