Friday, July 13, 2007

potter treats
Drama, drama. 2 Days ago was a day of treats:) which made me one happy person. Francis(my boss) treated us(me n XinYi the other intern) to lunch at the Straits Kitchen. Like finallyyy, I get to set foot there. Everytime I've made plans to go there, something happens and screws it up. So yes, I had popiah,rice,meat,satay,kueh,gado gado, otah, and so much food! Though I swear I would have binged SO much more if it wasn't for the fact that my boss was sitting opposite me, and for the fact that he had to rush off for some appointment. Haiyo, buffets are meant to be enjoyed.... especially those at exclusive places like the Straits Kitchen! Oh well, 28th I'll be treated to dinner there again right?? ;)

THEN, at 8:10pm Kai and I rushedddd to Great World City to catch Harry Potter. We've booked tickets there, see? Another fantabulous treat for the day. :D( I could go on forever living like this!) Why we had to rush is really because both kai and I have a hopeless sense of direction. We were around tiong bahru, and whilst we could feel GWC calling out to us, we being the ones with the seriously HOPELESS sense of direction (that even the most positive hopeful person is bound to give up on us), we ended up at ulu crescent girls' instead. Hahahaha, we got sooo frustrated with each other, what with me trying to squint at the map in the DARK because SOMEONE found the light TOO GLARING. So I had to shield the light, and tahan the heat of it, just so it would be dimmer and NOT AS GLARING> -glares at that SOMEONE-. Hahahah, but it was super funny lah, us being the hardcore harry potter fans going gila and frustrated at not being able to find stoopid GWC. So we ended up at GWC at 8:10pm, (God must have given up on us using our no-sense-of-direction brains by then) n guided us there. And the second our wheels touched the ground of GWC's carpark, we were zooming about anxiously looking for car park lots and after parking, we freaking RAN all the way up to the highest level where the cinema just HAD to be at the most ulu, deserted, highest, most difficult-place-to-get-to place in the whole MALL. haiyo. Just our luck.
And I was living proof that one can run in TWO inch wedges. So yes. In fact, I was faster if not as fast as Kai. And THATS saying something man.

And the movie was fantastic as every other Harry Potter movie is. Its just amazing to watch every movie bringing to life each detail and character in the book. Many complain that the movies always faiil to live up to the standards of the book, but I can never really see a flaw in any of the books, except the first time when I saw Snape who totally didn't fit the image I had of him initially. I imagined him to look alot like Darth More, but I've grown to love the Snape in the mpvies, I bet he's still the good one.

Gosh. I am seriously dying, i cannot take the wait anymore. I'm THIS (*opens fingers ever so slightly) near to breaking into any MPH n stealing the harry potter and the deathly hallows book. Damn it la, what a torture. J. K. Rowling BETTER make it worth it, else I'll just sit and write myself a better ending. But yeah it won't be the same la i guess, not so much because I'm not a good writer,(I'm a DAMN good writer i would like to think) but for the same reason why somehow she doesn't have to worry bout copyrights, cos having started this series, it just won't feel right if u have another mastermind, genius of a writer continue her series, cos she OWNS the storyline. Really, the characters are hers, so yes my plan to re-write a better ending is doomed a failure right from the start. But HOW! I'm damn scared. Haiyo, for the cynical non-believer muggles out there, go away, I can't help worrying and YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND. anyway, last monday, kai was listening to Morning with Muttons on 987Fm when she saiid that they actually spilled details on the last book, and she was sooo furious. Hey, who wouldn't be?! I'll jolly well sue the daylight out of those deejays man if I had been listening, don't they understand that though people are positively DYING to know the conclsion to this HP series, we wouldn't want to HEAR it! NO, we would want to READ IT! So that day, after she told me that the Djs had blurted out the ending, I refused to talk to her fearing that she MIGHT ACCIDENTALLY blurt out the story to me, which if it happens, will have disastrous repercussions on my treatment of our friendship. Muahahahahahaha. :D KIDDING, but yeah I'd not speak to her for a longggg time if it happens.

No comments: