Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Of loved beings and detested crature(s).


Hi, updates on yesterday. I keep blogging nowadays cos I really have almost nothing to do! 'ALMOST nothing' because I'm at work now and I'm supposed to be calling companies YET AGAIN. And no, I'm not skiving, I 've called nearly every existing company in Singapore (well those with atleast 5 sites globally lah) and I think I'm already on the Hate list of atleast half of those companies' secretaries. It doesn't help that I have an irritating kiddish voice too. Bleargh! AND yesterday my BIG BOSS, the GM of Vanco Asia Pac, or if it ignites ur memory, THAT one with the CRAZY laughter (click here for a memory jolt), well he kinda 'accused' me and my other fellow NTU intern for slacking. Here, this is what he said..

BIG BOSS with scary laughter: Hey Angeline(the recept. who sits 1 cubicle away from me), how come these interns stop calling already ahh??
Angeline: *Um, dunno...(*shrugs*)
BBSL: *strides over to where my not-so-big-boss is sitting* EH How come THE GIRLS NOT DOING THE COLD CALLING ANYMORE AH?!
*SILENCE*
BBSL: *walks over to where I sit* EH, why have you girls stopped cold calling?
Me: Um, we do call, but its mostly to the many companies who haven't picked up our calls for the past FEW WEEKS.
BBSL: But I haven't been hearing you girls call eh!
Me: Also, we can't access the database cos that computer's monitor is down, so its hard to verify the info that we need before we call other companies.
BBSL: HUH?! The computer is spoilt?! *Looks at Angeline*
Angeline: Yeah, the monitor is spoilt. We're ordering a new one in already.
BBSL: Ok, make sure you do it fast so they can STOP USING THIS AS AN EXCUSE.
Me: WTH!?!?! (in my heart OF COURSE)

Seriously! I mean, firstly Mister, I think you make a sucky boss. Anyone can tell that telemarketing has a morale boost factor ranging from 0 to negative 9, and to ask us to do that for a whole 2-3 months is insane. I won't be surprised if interns QUIT after a whole month of rude replies, inconsiderate answers and telephone slamming. So the least I would expect of you is some understanding! But okay,EVEN if you're heartless, or have the empathy equivalent to that of Hitler's, the LEAST you could do is to get your facts right before you bloody accuse. Even when we're not calling, we're BUSY with presentations your subordinate, the NOT-so-big boss has designated to us, and other admin stuff as it is. So whilst it may seem ( bold for emphasis) like we're NOT doing ANYTHING, don't be fooled, and go investigate first. Besides, just because you don't HEAR us calling anymore, doesn't mean we've stopped calling. It probably just means your hearing doesn't extend beyond two cubicles , or perhaps that its time to un-wax those hearing organs of yours. Ignorance is not an excuse. Imagine if everyone were to commit murder or some heinous crime and plead innocence out of ignorance, can ah? Wah lao. So irritating.

EEEEEEEE! Okay wadever. I really don't like him already. Its not like I'm not trying to understand his position. SURE, you don't want interns just loafing around on the $800 per month that you're paying them, but don't let your unfounded assumptions get the better of you.

FORGET HIM. Officially have 17 and a 1/2 days left (including today) here anyway.Now I wanna talk about my darling grandpa whom I visited yesterday.
If you have grandparents who are old and prone to falling sick, its really hard to tell if they've gotten better. Cos even if one of their illnesses has abated, that doesn't by default remove them of their other multiple pains and illnesses. Its not easy being old, because you're not in control of your health and life as you once were. Thats why its important that we youngsters be patient and help ease their pain in every possible way. Okay, I will stop preaching, but why I'm saying this is really because I dislike how some teens look down on the elderly just cos they're old. Its almost as if they've forgotten that they have been young once upon a time. Growing old must be something as strange to them as it is to us.

So anyway, I travelled to Yio Chu Kang after meeting that sweet someone who surprised me with Merci chocolates at my workplace =). To you: Merci vraiment!!(i think)

After not visiting grandpa for nearly a week, you caannot imagine how much I've been missing him and that no messing around when nurses are around behaviour of his. At home, he's a riot I tell you! So anyway we talked and talked, and i did my routine calls to a few of his children and grandchildren who miss him dearly too just so my grandpa wouldn't get so tired of me. Hahahaha. Then after the several failed attempts in getting him to allow me to push him around in a wheelchair, I showed him his photos in my phone.

Me: Grandpa, look! Your good friend! (flashes his photo to him)
Grandpa: *chuckles* Kesian eh... (kesian= so pitiful)
Me: Huh?! Why you kesian yourself!
Hahahahaha, my grandpa's lame. No actually I think the kesian was directed to me, as in "kesianlah my grandaughter, so in love with me." Hahaha, its his way of expressing how touched he is, I guess.

Then anyway after showing him all those photos, I came up with the brilliant idea of getting my grandpa to listen to the nasyid songs in it. (THANKS KAI!) Hehe, my grandpa was singing along to the songs, and I think the nurses were amused at the sight of us sharing the iPod. Anyway, my grandpa's fellow patient (2 beds away) got curious and asked if he could listen too! Haiyo, so weird la. Having to pop the ear piece into his ear which was a little hairy anyway, hahahaha. But hey, I toally don't mind lah, come on. Its really a pleasure. Anyway this patient who's indian by the way wanted to listen to Hindi songs lah! Tanak kalah! :D So yes, I played for him songs from Dhoom.
So yes, I turned into an iPod promoter for a day. Apple should pay me man!:D But thank God for gadgets! Oh dear, I'm starting to sound like Kai now.

Eh super long lah this entry. But I'm not done! Must tell you of the uninvited DISGUSTING creature that entered my house. A STUPID COCKROACH!!! It was huge I tell you! And of cos it had to come at a time when all the coakroach killer heroes in my house were asleep leaving me, the self -declared cockroach-phobic kid to fend for herself. So, after a good 5 minutes of staring at it from 100 metres away, I gathered all that was left of the inkling of courage that I've got, and decided that I will handle this killing myself. So my best defense tactic? I wore, my sports shoes IN my kitchen. Why? To run faster lah and so that THAT wretched creature won't get a chance of crawling onto my feet as I dash across the kitchen to get weapon #2: Baygone! (My mum's so not gonna be happy if she finds out) THEN I sprayed to everywhere I thought it was hiding, so much so that I got nauseous with the overpowering smell. I think I probably killed every living insect in my house. THEN I saw it climbing the dining table and that was IT! There's something about cockroaches or insects being on an elevated object, they seem taller and bigger somehow. So yes I totally freaked out and ran to wake my mum up. SO MUCH for wanting to kill it on my own. My fearless mother came, grabbed the insecticide from me and sprayed somemore. I'm sucha coward. :S Haiz. What would I do without my mum?!

OK got cramps. But, if you're STILL reading, wow! you must really like me!:D Ok now you don't. HAHAHA. K Bye!!! :)

No comments: