Friday, June 22, 2007

*This entry was about last friday, so outdated I know. Somehow it was saved as a draft.
kecoh

I am so bloody bored right now. There's really nothing to do at work! So I shall blog about yesterday. Yesterday was a hodge of podge of so many things and a few meet ups. Kai drove me to work, then spent half a day at work before heading for lunch with Kai at Tong Seng. Even had time for a little window shopping(hehe) before whisking off to Suntec City which Xin Yi(my fellow intern) and I ASSUMED would be the place where CommunicAsia 2007 is, (but more on that later).

So being near numerous fashion retail outlets, obviously we had to grace these shops with our presence right. So we window shopped ALOT, checked out the Mango sale which was a little overrated as usual. Found a few good deals especially their bags, but it was way too crowded, and so i gave up.

Oh and I honestly feel that Mango and the likes of it should have a sign that prohibits ALL BOYFRIENDS,HUSBANDS,FIANCE(S) from tagging around during a sale where oxygen is scarce, and the bitchiest place hath no bitchiness like a sale-crazy female's bitchiness , ok so much for trying to go shakespearean, well just know that the women are so bitchy! Clawing through the clothes, eyes darting anxiously across the shop trying to spot the prettiest dresses before zooming in on the price tag to decide which of the 2 following actions to execute: A) toss it aside and PUUUSH your way through to the next nicest looking top (hey, enough time's been wasted already!) OR B)sling it over your shoulder, WHO CARES if thats ur 296th top or if that 'slinging over' action smacks the unlucky person behind IN THE FACE. SALES. They bring the worst out of women.

Next was lunch-dessert(lunch for xin yi and dessert for me) at Delifrance, which was superb! Apparently if you order any main course, you can get dessert for $2! I chose this chocolate cake oozing with warm chocolate sauce, served with vanilla ice cream, which brought me to Cl0ud 21 and left me there for awhile.:) THAT good.

Then, we finally made our way to the Suntec City convention Centre ONLY to realise that the CommunicAsia 2007 exhibition was at EXPO! Bloody hell, why split the thing up and have forums at Suntec and the Exhibition far far away in Expo?! So we took a cab down and had to get World's queerest self accalimed failure for a taxi driver whose foot had the tendency to press the accelerator just a tad too much EVERYTIME he started whining or ranting about his (lack of) customers and the missing tourists and how this spells doom for singapore's economy. But atleast it was quite an exhilarating ride. >_<(i hate that face it looks like some squashed up butt)

So then we tawaf-ed(circled) the 6 halls of Expo and even talked to the Vice President of some company, and chatted with a few IT guys(*cough*GEEKS*cough*)- one of whom even tried to hit on me!;D But he was balding so, nvm. Ahahhaha! But it was quite an experience, trying to pose as a someone in the IT industry with name tag and all, when we're really interns. Everytime someone asks for my non-existent name card, silly excuses like" oh I forgot my whole stack in the office, Can you believe it?!" were offered as compensation. Oh, I even gave a fictitious number to that balding IT guy.

Next, met up with Hani at Suntec again. (the day before yesterday was spent with Ting yi at Suntec as well) I love how Hani with her brief but ever so insightful comments help me re-analyze this whole self-probing "phase"(as Susu calls it) that I'm going through right now. A little shopping again, and coffee from Starbucks (in the good ol' sophisticated paper cup package), the perfect ending to quite a hectic day.

No comments: