Wednesday, June 27, 2007


What happens after the Mentos moment


I don't know if this happens to you heel-wearing girls as well, but everytime I get a new pair of heels, in just a matter of days, the rubber sole at the tip of the heel(s) will wear out or just fall off somewhere. This happens regardless of the quality of the shoes, be it those $19.90 steals or my mum's expensive $80 something Scholl heels. AND when it happens, as it always will, only one heel is affected, either the right or left. I'm attributing this mysterious occurence to the way I walk, and have resolved to limit any dragging of my feet when I'm in heels. Or maybe, just maybe there is this rubber sole gobbling monster that finds the idea of depriving me of one rubber sole, FUNNY.

But anyway, yesterday I was wearing my mum's Scholl $80 something heels, and well, the same one-missing-rubber-sole-beneath-the-heel phenomenon struck yet again. So in a moment of wisdom thats typical of those Mentos advertisements, I pulled the other rubber sole off in one tug, with a smug smile, feeling really smart and happy like all those mentos people after they take control of embarrassing situations of the same kind. Feeling in control, I dashed everywhere in my new rubber-soleless heels. Life was good, life was carefree, who needs 'em, them rubber soles?! But of course, everytime I get a wee bit too comfortable, tragedy strikes. This time it struck right after work when I was about to dash across the road, and anticipating the blinking green man to come on anytime. I was half-walking, half-running, and the next thing I knew, BOOM!, or SPLAT! or BOOMSPLAT!(cos I'm not too fat nor thin), there I was on my bum, looking at the world from down below. I was so stunned, I think I sat down there for quite a bit. Thank God, I was still on the pavement. I was expecting a loud ringing chorus of laughter, but I guess the Shenton way people and motorists(yes motorists!URGH!) were too polite to laugh.:S


The TRAUMA!


So NOW you know, why we need those rubber soles.

No comments: