Tuesday, June 19, 2007

space
I needed my space and I took it out on you. You know how when two people are so close, it feels like there is a need to spend every moment with him/her. Even if its for 30 minutes, or even if the journey to the place takes longer than the time you two are going to have with each other. Its like that between us. Yet at times, it gets a little stifling. Lately it has been overwhelming. I need my space and am sure you need yours as much as mine. I hate being dependant on anything or anyone, if I can help it. Now though it is as if I can't help but be with you nearly every minute of every day, be it on the phone with you, or physically next to you. Its nothing personal targeted against you, but really, a need to be alone at times. To hear my thoughts aloud, on my own. To breathe solidarity once in awhile and to set out and do all the things I've always wanted. Attend hip hop classes, go to the library and pore over books, take a slow stroll down Clarke Quay, visit art museums and HMV, all on my own. I'm not accusing you of invading my private space nor am I blaming you for robbing the opportunities to do all I want. I know more than anyone that if there is someone who is willing to sacrifice so that I can have my wish realised, that that person would be you. And I thank you for that, for loving me selflessly, for tolerating my impatience and irritating nature.
I merely want to free myself a little of this dependance that I have on you. I need to be alone at times, and not have to call you every moment I've got nothing to do. I feel as though I have gradually lost this independance, or even the comfort to be alone with myself.
So please, I hope that now atleast, you will come to realise that it was never personal. I never intended it to be, I just need you to understand me.

No comments: