Thursday, June 28, 2007

under the sea.. under the sea....

You know, I just realised that its near impossible for me to really take a break nowadays. Like over the weekend, I took a well deserved break with the sleepover with the girls at lulu's house and skipping tuition the next day to drive around with kai for 8 hours flat. It felt like a road trip almost. But come Monday, reality hits you in the form of tons of emails, embedded in each a reminder of your life's obligations and tasks. I realised that very same day, that german 3 module registration had already begun, that I had to keep in mind the schedule for the bidding of modules, else risk being module-less, or outbidded YET AGAIN, that I had to make way to school to pay for my missing matriculation card, bla bla bla.
What happened to the whole talk about taking a 'well-deserved' break during the hols? As it is, I'm bogged down by the depressing thought of having to slog for the remaining 26 days of my internship, now I'm burdened by the need to keep up to date with all these dates and things to do. And its not like feigning ignorance would do me any good as an excuse, everyone would just accuse me of being irresponsible anyway.
Its sad really, how all thse obligations have us tied down, whether we like it or not. No chance of running away for a few weeks, to a faraway unknown island, for a self rejuvenating escapade, without having thoughts of what you have to do before you go, after you're back and whilst you're gone, nagging at you in your mind. Not that I have any plans to go to an unknown island, and live survivor style anytime soon, but atleast it'd be comforting to have that option available.

Times have changed, true, not always for the better though. Oh well.

Today was okay. Except my scraped left foot is beginning to look like some rotting body part, i found a few tiny ants crawling over the wound! One even had the cheek, or mouth, no,rather TEETH to BITE ME!!! Thats IT, NO MORE MERCY, not even for the pathetic looking ant who's dragging his dead fren away, which has hitherto been successful in garnering mercy from my kind soul, and escaped death from my crushing fingers. NO MORE!
K, forget those tiny ungrateful creatures, today after work, I went to Bugis, and that sweet sweet person got me a Guess wallet. Hee.:) You're uber sweet! Come, let me be a bimbo and flaunt that pretty wallet.
And if you spend $20 or more in OG, you get a free pearl. I was so excited when I saw that they actually pried open an oyster to probe for a pearl, and hand it to you almost immediately, right before your eyes. It was like a whole mini documentary show.

I could hardly contain my excitement to show it to my mum and grandma. But grandma wiped that smile off my face when she said that THAT "pearl", could not be genuine for pearls fresh out of oysters should really resemble grains of sand at first, and need loads of work before they achieve that glossamer and shine that are characteristic of pearls. How stupid of me. Then as if, to round up the day with the 'under the sea' theme, she served me her deeelicious, to-die-for crab dish, accompanied by the complimentary services of my pestle-armed mum who was by my side crushing the crab's shell to ease my access to the prized treasure within: that soft, sweet crab meat. Ah, what more do I need in Life? :)

No comments: